Function Amount In Words - Description of and general information
Add-In (the extension) to Excel Microsoft Office lets you use the formula contained therein (included functions)
in a manner analogous to the built-in functions such as by entering into a spreadsheet cell, the appropriate command.
Inwords.xla add-in provides command / function that shows (convert) the number / amount (digital recording) to record verbal (text)
in the English language in accordance with the applicable rules. The number identifies the quintilliard (decillion) inclusive
(up to 36 places before the decimal point). The add-in allows you to present the number of two ways:
using a long scale or a short one. The Long Scale (traditional European) is inforce i.e. in Poland
and other countries of the old continent and the short scale (American) is used for example in the U.S.,
and (with minor modifications) in the UK. The differences in the naming of numbers on the scale of long and short start-up of a billion.
The add-in presents the amount of default using traditional European names.
How to convert a numeric value into English words in Microsoft Excel ?
With the add-in of inwords.xla just
have to enter the formula and the text will write the word 'alone'!
You can either enter the data and indicate the address of the cell!
Formula Amount In Words - Syntax command:
amount - the number in a digital format - the amount you want to format the text
symbol - in the case of application of the second argument will be used as currency
US - when given as the third argument as 'US' record verbal amount will be presented using a short scale (U.S.)
Download Amount In Words in English
and links to other Excel formulas
See other Excel add-in formulas:
- amount in words in Polish,
- amount in words in German,
- amount in words in French,
- amount in words in Russian,
- chack numbers Social Security, bank account, registration, tax ID, ID,
- gross/net salary wage calculator,
- own interest contractual,
- statutory interest 1990-2017,
- statutory recovery costs 2013-2017,
- interest tax ZUS, VAT, PIT, etc. (1998-2017),
- maximum interest allowed limited public,
- NBP lombard interest
- NBP average exchange rates 2017, 2016, 2015 table A,
- NBP average exchange rates 2017, 2016, 2015 table A and B,
- the IRS addresses all Poland
Formula amount of words in English - Examples
Figure 1. Part of a Microsoft Excel worksheet.
An example of using formulas / functions presents a number in writing stating the verbal data
(amount to be paid; currency) directly in the formula.
Figure 2 and 3. Fragment of a Microsoft Excel sheets.
Example use of formatting amount (digital recording) in the text (write the word) in the formula giving the address of the cell
(amount) and currency 'euro' out of the formula and formula.
Figure 4 and 5. Portions of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Presentation of naming numbers in the short scale and comparison of long and short scales.
Function Amount In Words in English - Install the add-in for Microsoft Excel
Installing the addition takes place in two stages:
1.) copy of the add-ons directory,
2.) activation in Excel.
To find the default location, run Excel add-ons and turn to select:
Office Button -->
Excel Options -->
in the window ,
that opens, expanding / clicking on the address bar, check the path to the directory.
That's what the best directory to copy the plug.
In most cases, tested in accordance with the above, the default location will coincide with additives:
- for Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Extras\
- for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10:
- Or whatever version of the operating system Library folder, which is located in the installation folder of Microsoft Office
(Note: This location is not recommended, and in some cases, it can cause problems with the privileges and add-in may not work!)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Library\
Please make sure the downloaded add-in extension .xla
In other cases (such as .xls), please manually change the extension to .xla.
If you can not change the extension add-on (the system does not show file extensions), you must change the configuration.
You can do this by going to Control Panel -> Folder Options, View tab by checking the box next to
Hide extensions for known file types.
The formula Amount In Words - Charging (activation) installed add-in
Excel 97 - 2003
1. Select from the main menu: Tools -> Add-ons
2. Check the checkbox next to the add-in that you want to load
3. Click the OK button
Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
1. select: Office Button -> Excel Options button
2. then: Add-ins -> click Manage...
3. a dialog box appears Add-ons. In the add-ons available, check the box next to the add-in that you want to load
4. Click the OK button
From now on, every time you open an Excel workbook additional functions (formula Amount In Words) will be active.